Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4937 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Small Arms Inspection Building, Lakeview
Identifier: G423
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: ca 1940
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Lakeview (Mississauga)
Location: 1352 Lakeshore Road East

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1352 Lakeshore Road East. Conc 3 SDS, pt. Lots 4 & 5. This building was originally part of Small Arms Ltd. during World War II. The complex included a 212,000 square foot plant and the 81,000 square foot rifle inspection centre, and was erected by the government in 1940. The plant continued to operate until 1974 supplying military arms and other machinery. Ontario Hydro (now Ontario Power Generation) and the Cadet Organization Police School have used the building since 1975. This photograph was taken in 1980. Listed on the Heritage Inventory.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851