Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3063 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Lorne Park Mission Hall
Identifier: BA0164
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x9.5 cm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Mississauga

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The Lorne Park Mission Hall was built in 1902. This was where the first Sunday School was organized by David Shook and was believed to have been used as a mission church in the early 1900s. It was later used as a Senior Citizen's Club. The building was located beside the new Lorne Park Secondary School which opened in 1962. The Lorne Park Mission Hall was demolished in 1961 or 1962 to make way for a new parking lot for the school. This building stood a slight distance north along Lorne Park Road from the present Lorne Park Community Centre building which stands at 1288 Lorne Park Road. Description as of August 2012.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850