Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 476 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Blue Dragon Inn, Clarkson
Identifier: G752
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: ca 1920
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Location: 992 Meadow Wood Road

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 992 Meadow Wood Road. The first Blue Dragon Inn, a stopover house between Toronto and Hamilton, was built in 1913 and operated by Mrs. Margaret Fairbairn and her daughters, Agnes and Grace. This building was burned in 1923. The slide is of the second Blue Dragon Inn, which was the house next door, purchased from the Fairbairns in 1929 by Ida Norman and Mary and Margaret McCallum who operated it under the same name. It was closed in 1955 and demolished.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851