Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3056 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Lorne Park Community Hall
Identifier: L280
Date of Original Photo: 1962
Date Built: 1902
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Mississauga

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Photo of the old Lorne Park Community Hall taken from the Port Credit Weekly, September 6, 1962. It was formerly the Lorne Park Mission Hall, built in 1902. The caption under the photo reads as follows: "Believed to have been used as a mission church in the early 1900s, the old Lorne Park Community Hall recently in use as a Senior Citizen's club, has gone the way of all flesh. Toronto Township Recreation Commission agreed to trade the building to the South Peel Board of Education in return for a more modern and roomier building next door. The property of the Lorne Park Community Club until about six years ago, the lack of a proper deed has hampered the operation and may take weeks to straighten out. In the meantime, the SPBE has obtained authority from the township to move the old building so that the extension to the adjacent Lorne Park Secondary School can be completed." The building was demolished some time in 1962 or 1963. Description as of August 2012.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851