Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3933 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: O'Hara's General Store, Lorne Park
Identifier: M845
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Mississauga

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Mr. W. O’Hara owned a small store in the 1920s which was situated on the highway opposite the west gate of Lorne Park Estates, from which he supplied the cottagers with groceries, etc. The Lorne Park Association Library was first located in the grocery store at the corner of Lakeshore Highway and Lorne Park Road, and in 1904 the library received a grant of $10.00 from the Township of Toronto. In 1928 the store burned down and the cottagers took up a collection for him. He eventually went to work in the Estates as a caretaker. Copy by Mississauga Library System of a photograph in A village within a city: the story of Lorne Park Estates, 1980.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850