Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 436 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Betty Adams and Mrs. W. Patchett, Clarkson
Identifier: BA0017
Date of Original Photo: 1935
Image Type: B&W Photo, 24x19 cm
Subject: Telephone switchboards

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The first telephone in Clarkson was installed in Miss Edith Clarkson's store in 1909. In 1910 exchange service became generally available. The central office equipment consisted of a 50A local switch, a No. 3 tollbooth and a No. 299A generator as well as 6 racks for central office wiring. The first list of telephone subscribers ws published in the September 11 issue of the Central Ontario Telephone Directory. In 1928 a No. 105B magneto switchboard replaced the 50A switchboard.The photo shows the Clarkson switchboard in 1935, with operator Betty Adams (later Mrs. Block) and Mrs. W. Patchett, the manager of the Clarkson Exchange from 1931 to 1936.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850