Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1150 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Clarkson Community Hall - Addition
Identifier: BA0014
Date of Original Photo: 1923
Date Built: 1923
Image Type: B&W Photo, 10x5.5 cm
Subject: Carman Methodist Church (Clarkson, Ont.)

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Carman Methodist Church was the second Methodist church built in Clarkson, in 1875, on land donated by Margaret Vail Merigold, the wife of the late Daniel Merigold. It was located on Lakeshore Road at the corner of Clarkson Road South, and named for Bishop Albert Carman of the Methodist Episcopal Church of Canada. From 1918 to 1922 it was known as the Clarkson Community Church. The Clarkson Community Hall was built adjoining the church to replace the old schoolhouse which had served as a community hall and Sunday School and which had burned down in 1920. The Community Hall was dedicated in 1924.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850