Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1840 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Erindale United Church, Erindale
Identifier: B442
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1964
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Church buildings - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: 1444 Dundas Crescent, pt. Lots 5, 6 PL TOR Lots 10, 27 43R-33928 PT 4,Range 1 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1444 Dundas Crescent. Range 1 SDS, pt. Lots 5, 6 PL TOR Lots 10, 27 43R-33928 PT 4. The Methodist congregation of what was then known as Springfield originally worshipped in the drive shed of the Royal Exchange Hotel, owned by Emerson Taylor a staunch Methodist. In 1877 Taylor donated a portion of his property at the southwest corner of Dundas and Robinson Streets for a new church, the Springfield Methodist Church which became the Erindale Methodist Church. After union in 1925 it became the Erindale United Church until early in 1960 when the church purchased land on Dundas Crescent for a new building, completed in 1964. The old church on Dundas Street was sold to the Erindale Presbyterian Church. Description as of July 2018.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850