Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5068 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: St. Lawrence Cement pier, aerial view, Clarkson
Identifier: R110
Date of Original Photo: 1972
Date Built: 1956
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Cement industries - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Ralph Crysler
Location: 2391 Lakeshore Road West

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: In 1971 the firm of Crysler & Lathem, consulting engineers, was retained by the Credit Valley Conservation Authority to prepare a plan for the development of the Mississauga waterfront sector of the Metropolitan Toronto Planning Area. At the same time Crysler & Lathem were retained by the Town of Port Credit to prepare a master plan for the proposed Lakefront Park on 14 acres of landfill south of Lake Street on Lake Ontario at the mouth of the Credit River. Lakefront Park later became J. C. Saddington Park on June 20, 1979, named after a former Mayor of Port Credit and Peel County Warden. Crysler & Lathem took a number of photographs of the Lake Ontario shoreline from Etobicoke Creek in the east to Joshua's Creek in the west. This slide is of St. Lawrence Cement Company, 2391 Lakeshore Road West. The company began operations in 1954 and expanded into Ontario with the addition of its plant in Clarkson (Mississauga) in 1956.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850