Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5399 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Summerville Railway Station
Identifier: F949
Date Built: ca 1878
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Railroad station - Ontario - Summerville (Mississauga)
Donor: Sandusky family

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The Summerville Railway Station, located between Dixie Road and Brown’s Line, was built about 1878 by the Credit Valley Railway, which was later taken over by the Canadian Pacific Railway. The building was sold in 1941 by CPR to Les Hughes, and later to Alan Johnson and Ben Madill. It was finally bought by the Ontario Rail Association and as of 1978 was stored in Milton for historic preservation. As of the late 1980s it was stored on the farm of Sherwood Hume. Mr. Hume is on the Board of Directors of the South Simcoe Railway Heritage Foundation, Tottenham.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851