Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3420 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Meadowvale Community Centre, Meadowvale Village
Identifier: E345
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1871
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Meadowvale (Mississauga)
Location: 6970 Second Line West

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 6970 Second Line West. Conc 3 WHS, pt. Lot 10 Eż. Built in 1871 as the second school house, on land donated by the Simpson family. (The first school house had been built in 1851 at the corner of Barberry Lane and Second Line. It was converted to a private residence after the second school was built, but was destroyed by fire in 1974.) Since 1968 this building served as the community hall. The Meadowvale mini library operated out of the Meadowvale Community Centre until 1983. It was a deposit library only during this time, serviced once a week by the Bookmobile staff. In 1995 some upgrade work was done on the building. Located within the Meadowvale Village Conservation District.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850