Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3415 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Meadowvale Blacksmith and Carriage Works, Meadowvale Village
  View Full size image
Title: Meadowvale Blacksmith and Carriage Works, Meadowvale Village
Identifier: E354
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1937
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Meadowvale (Mississauga)
Location: 7080 Second Line West

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 7080 Second Line West. Conc 3 WHS pt. Lot 11. Ernie Martin built this blacksmith shop at the back of his property, formerly 7079 Pond Street. The back half of the property has been severed, creating this new address. The concrete cast block building served local needs of farmers until after World War II when farming declined and the blacksmith trade turned to decorative ironwork. In 1970 Ernie and son Howard started Meadowvale Carriage Works building carriages for special events and special orders. The Martins sold the property in 2003. It is the last remaining blacksmith shop in Mississauga. The property is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act and is located within the Meadowvale Village Heritage Conservation District. It has a Heritage Easement held with the City of Mississauga. Description as of July 2011
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850