Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2909 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Langmuir Estate, Erindale
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1915
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Location: 1945 Mississauga Road North

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1945 Mississauga Road North. Range 3 CIR, pt. Lot G. This is a red brick one-and-a-half storey building, built in 1915 for Mr. Langmuir of Langmuir Leather Company. A cottage was previously on the property. The original house was entirely surrounded by cedar trees, making it impossible to get a clear view. It was one of the few remaining ravine properties overlooking and surrounded by a Mississauga golf course. The estate was extensively renovated by Alan Job in 1961. In 2001 the structure was partially demolished and a new and larger house built over the foundation, extending the original from 7,000 to 13,000 square feet. The building is listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851