Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1722 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Eden United Church, Meadowvale, Meadowvale Village
Identifier: E654
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1909
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Meadowvale (Mississauga)
Location: 2835 Derry Road West

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 2835 Derry Road West. Conc 6 WHS, Lot 11 W. Eden Cemetery and Switzers Church were on part of the west half of Lot 10, Con 6 WHS. In 1840, John Switzer sold part of the land to five trustees of the Wesleyan Methodist Church for a chapel and burying ground. A frame church was opened on 13 December 1840 by Rev. Egerton Ryerson. The church was dismantled in 1869, after the opening of the new church, called Eden, on the opposite side of the road. Eden Church burned on 20 December 1908, was rebuilt in 1909 and re-opened in 1910. The church was demolished in 1980. Heritage listed
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851