Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1929 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Felician Sisters of St. Francis Canada Convent & Cemetery, Erindale
Identifier: D259
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1938
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Location: 2165 Mississauga Road North

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 2165 Mississauga Road North. Range 3, CIR, pt. Lot 10. This is a two-and-a-half storey structure built as an English country estate in English Tudor Manor style. It was designed by architects George and Moorhouse in 1938 and originally known as the William George Dean residence. (William George Dean was a director of Eatonís.) The building later became a convent for the Felician Sisters of St. Francis Canada. It is not visible from the road. There is a carriage house attached to the east side and a modern addition to the west. On the property there is a small cemetery with seven known graves where sisters of the convent are buried. The property is listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850