Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2497 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Howard Blacksmith, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Howard Blacksmith, Streetsville
Identifier: D693
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: ca 1860
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Location: 127 Queen Street South, Plan STR 4 pt Lots 2,3 4TH Blk N Main

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 127 Queen Street South. Plan STR 4 pt Lots 2,3 4TH Blk N Main. This building and 125 Queen Street South were originally built ca 1860 by the Howard family from Yorkshire for their carriage making and blacksmith businesses. No. 125 became the Streetsville Review office and printing plant in the late 1890s, with a public hall upstairs. Later it was used as a real estate office. No. 127 was converted to a residence, then to a restaurant in the 1960s. The building is listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851