Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 502 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Bradley House, Clarkson
Identifier: H772
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: ca 1830
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Museums - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: 1620 Orr Road

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1620 Orr Road. Conc 3 SDS, pt. Lot 28. In 1811 Lewis Bradley was granted 200 acres of land at Merigold’s Point. He cleared 5 acres to build a shanty. The present house was built later, probably about 1830. It may be the only surviving residence of the original Merigold families. In 1941 the British-American Oil Company bought the land and the cottage was listed for demolition in 1959, as British-American planned to build a refinery at the foot of Southdown Road. The Township of Toronto Historical Foundation was formed to manage the house as a museum and it was moved in 1963 to its present site, north of its original lakeshore location, but still on the original Bradley farm. It has been restored and is presently operated as a museum by the City of Mississauga. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851