Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3942 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Odd Fellows' Hall
Date of Original Photo: 1999
Date Built: 1875
Location: 271 Queen Street South

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: This structure was built in 1875 for lodge 122 of the Brothers of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, which was instituted in 1873. The brothers met on second floor while the main floor served as a hall for concerts, banquets, etc. Lucy Maud Montgomery spoke here when she lived in Norval. A large room at the front of the second floor served as the library, then known as Farmers & Mechanics Institute, from 1877-1902.
Copyright: City of Mississauga
Agency: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
pcomapp02:8851