Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2006 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Franklin House
Date of Original Photo: 2006
Date Built: circa 1855
Location: 263 Queen Street South

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Farmer Peter Douglass commissioned the Graydons to build this red brick Georgian Survival style house. John Lennon converted it into a hotel in 1876. He named it “Franklin House” after the previous inhabitant. Harry W. Kumpf changed the name to “Queen’s Hotel” when he bought it in 1910. Prohibition put the inn out of business. The building reverted to domestic use and eventually fell into disrepair. It was restored circa 1980.
Copyright: City of Mississauga
Agency: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
pcomapp02:8850