Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3481 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Merchant's Bank
Identifier: BA0068
Image Type: B&W Photo, 7.5x5.5 cm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The Merchant Bank of Canada was Clarkson's first bank. It opened November 23, 1913 as a substation, and became a full-time branch on May 1, 1914, under the first manager, H. L. Read. The Merchant Bank was later absorbed into the Bank of Montreal in 1922. The bank closed in 1938. The building was purchased by Doug Auld in 1947 and became Auld's Butcher Shop.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851