Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1596 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Dixie Union Chapel & Cemetery
Date of Original Photo: 2006
Date Built: 1837
Location: 707 Dundas Street East

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: John Silverthorn, Allen Robinet and Daniel Harris erected this rare surviving multi-denominational chapel. It replaced a log structure in which Anglicans, Methodists and Presbyterians worshipped as early as 1816. It was last used for regular services by a Baptist congregation in the 1950s and is still held in trust for local Protestant denominations.
Copyright: City of Mississauga
Agency: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
pcomapp01:8851