|Description: Robert Young Eaton, nephew of Timothy, commissioned this coach house. It comprised a 17-acre summer estate, which included 20 structures, built from 1912 to 1920. He dubbed it “Glen Ireton,” Ireton being a combination of his wife’s maiden name “Ireland,” and his surname. R.Y. Eaton became the first Vice-President of Eaton’s in 1907. He served as President from 1922 to 1942.
Hector P. Bellingham owned the estate from 1935 to 1956. It was then known as “Bellingham Bay.” Most of the structures were demolished by 1956. Fire destroyed the main house in 1958. The subject structure was the first Mississauga Canoe Club from 1957 to 1958. Duncan Green converted it into a residence c. 1966.|
|Copyright: City of Mississauga|
|Agency: Planning & Heritage, Community Services|