Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1730 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Edith Clarkson House, Coach House, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Edith Clarkson House, Coach House, Clarkson
Identifier: J769
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: ca 1913
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Location: 1160 Clarkson Road North, Plan G-13, Lot 1

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1160 Clarkson Road North. Plan G-13, Lot 1. This is a two-and-a-half storey Queen Anne brick structure with stone facing. Warren Clarkson, who died in 1882, left the property north of the railroad on the west side of Clarkson Road to his son, William. This block of land extended to just north of the Adams property (as of 1863) and west of the 5th Line. Eventually it became the property of Edith Clarkson, daughter of William Clarkson and his wife, Lorenda Hemphill. She built the house, just north of the Post Office, in 1913. Edith Clarkson was the post mistress and operated the Telephone Office and General Store until her death in 1919. The Edith Clarkson House is listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851