Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1117 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Clarkson-Barnett House, Clarkson
Identifier: J776
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: 1819
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Location: 1084 Feeley Court

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1084 Feeley Court, formerly at 1056 Clarkson Road North. Conc 2 SDS, pt. Lot 29-30. Built in 1819 this is one of the oldest homes in Toronto Township. It was built by Warren Clarkson, who came from Albany New York on 100 acres of land which he purchased. Clarkson made two separate additions to the original shanty. The house was lived in by various members of the family until it was sold to Major John Barnett in 1936. As it was in considerable disrepair Barnett and his wife, Grace, worked to restore the building. The building was heritage designated in 1987 but the designation was removed in 1998 after the owner filed for demolition. This photograph taken ca 1980 shows the house after restoration.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851