Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 3485 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Merchant Bank / Auld Butcher Shop, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Merchant Bank / Auld Butcher Shop, Clarkson
Identifier: J779
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: 1900
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Location: 1109 Clarkson Road North

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1109 Clarkson Road North. Conc 2 SDS, pt. Lot 28. A one and a half storey structure, once used for commercial purposes, but now used as a residence. It was originally the Merchant Bank of Canada and was Clarkson's first bank. It opened November 23, 1913 as a substation, and became a full-time branch on May 1, 1914, under the first manager, H. L. Read. The Merchant Bank was later absorbed into the Bank of Montreal in 1922. The bank closed in 1938. The building was purchased by Doug Auld in 1947 and became Auld's Butcher Shop. Heritage listed. Demolished for redevelopment in 2017.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851