Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5416 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: T.B. Allen Store, Malton
Identifier: C378
Date Built: ca 1860
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Malton (Mississauga)

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Lot 11 Conc 6 EHS. First store at the Four Corners. Built ca 1860, it was later moved north of the four corners to Scarboro Street and Airport Road. Joseph B. Allen was the postmaster from 1862 to 1876. Thomas B. Allen was postmaster from 1876 till 1888, and Daniel Allen was postmaster from 1888 to 1905. James Albert (Bert) McBride purchased the store from Daniel Allen in 1903, and was himself postmaster form 1905 till 1907, when he sold the store to Norman Malcolm, who became postmaster until his death in 1927. His son, Les Malcolm later took over the store and operated it till it closed in 1966. It was still standing in 1972, but was later demolished.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851