Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4837 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Sheridan House, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Sheridan House, Streetsville
Identifier: D819
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: ca 1856
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Location: 288 Queen Street South, Plan STR, 4, Lot3, BLK 3

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 288 Queen Street South. Plan STR, 4, Lot 3, BLK 3. Built about 1856 and originally owned by Richard Sheridan. This house, and the one across from it at 287 Queen Street South, were both owned by the Sheridan family. The Sheridans were blacksmiths by trade. Dr. James Glendinning, a descendant of Streetsville's first settler, practised medicine in the house from 1894 to 1904. The building is listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850