Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5351 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Streetsville United Church
Identifier: D821
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1875
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Location: 274 Queen Street South, pt. Lot 3 E1/2

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 274 Queen Street South. Conc 5 WHS, pt. Lot 3 Eż. The first church was built in 1821 for the Methodist congregation which started in 1820. It was a small log building. The second church, a frame building, was built on Maiden Lane in 1835. Owing to a split in the congregation between the Methodist Episcopalians and the Wesleyan Methodists, a third church was built by the Wesleyans of brick in 1846. (This building now forms part of the offices of the Streetsville Public Utilities Commission on Queen Street). The fourth church was built in 1875 and dedicated by Egerton Ryerson in 1876. Wings were added in 1950 and 1965. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851