Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4708 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Royal Hotel, Streetsville
  View Full size image
Title: Royal Hotel, Streetsville
Identifier: D828
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1876
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Location: 248 Queen Street South, Plan STR 4 pt. Lot 1

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 248 Queen Street South. Plan STR 4 pt. Lot 1. Originally built by Richard Crozier in 1876 to replace the old Streetsville House which had burned down in 1875. It was leased by Thomas Harris who lost his hotel, the Globe, to fire in 1876. It was purchased by the Royal Bank in 1955 and used as a bank until 1977. This is a two storey stucco commercial structure with a gable roof and asphalt shingles, featuring an east asymmetrical five bay modern fašade. It is listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851