|Description: 327 Queen Street South. Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 3 W¿. The back part of the building was built in 1851 on land bought from Timothy Street. The first teacher was Rev. J. Davis, and there was an enrolment of 15 to 20 pupils. It was the first grammar school in the area immediately west of Toronto and served the district of Etobicoke, Toronto Township, and part of Halton County. The 1851 census notes: Grammar school of brick; can hold 80 to 100 pupils. |
In 1877 two rooms, an office and entrances were added to the front in Tuscan style architecture. The building was used as a high school till 1951. It was remodeled for use as a Town Hall and Police Station in 1966. In 1978 it became the Streetsville Kinsmen Senior Citizens Community Centre. Designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.