Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5059 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: St. Joseph's Roman Catholic Church, Streetsville
Identifier: D964
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1856
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Church buildings - Ontario - Streetsville (Mississauga)
Location: 1775 Bristol Road (formerly 74 Main Street)

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1775 Bristol Road (formerly 74 Main Street). Conc 4 WHS, pt. Lot 3 Eż. The original church was built in 1856 on the east bank of the Credit River, on land given by Richard Cuthbert who lived opposite. The church was consecrated in July 1858 by Bishop De Charbonnel. It was originally called St. Joseph's, then St. Dunstan's, then St. Joseph's again. In 1987 the church was deconsecrated and became an art gallery for a while.

The new St. Joseph’s Church opened on Durie Road in 1990. The former church is presently St. Ilija Macedonian Orthodox Church. The church was destroyed by fire in early 2000 and an application was made for demolition. It has since been demolished. It was designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850