Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5663 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Trinity United Cemetery, Malton
Identifier: E515
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: ca 1860
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Cemeteries - Ontario - Mississauga

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Conc 4 EHS, W ¿ Lot 5. Also known as Hunts Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery and Trinity Wesleyan Methodist Cemetery. To quote Trudy Mann’s Early Churches of Toronto Township in Peel County (Mississauga): The congregation [of Trinity Wesleyan Methodist Church] may have had its beginnings in the Highway 10 and Derry Road area. ...John Hunt, a local Preacher and his wife Sarah sold part of the west half of Lot 5 Concession 4 east, new survey Toronto Township, to the Trustees of the Hunts Chapel Congregation in 1853. A second church was erected in 1867 .. And closed before 1925 union. The church was demolished in 1946, and the cemetery which sat behind the church is all that remains.

According to the Heritage Property database, the cemetery contains 63 known interments based on remaining stones. It is closed for burials, the last burial occurring in 1971. It is presently maintained by the City of Mississauga.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851