|Description: 7523 Winston Churchill Blvd. Conc 6 WHS, pt. Lot 13. Formerly listed on the Heritage Inventory. The following description of the house is from a report, dated September 11, 1990, from R. G. B. Edmunds, Commissioner of Planning and Building, to the Chairman and members of the LACAC. "The house, known as Easydale, was featured in the 1877 Illustrated Historical Atlas of Peel County, and was probably built in the late 1860s or early 1870s. The original owner of the property was Martin Justin, Sr., who ws born in Queen's County, Ireland, in 1790. He applied for a land grant in 1819 for the W 1/2 of Lot 13 and W 1/2 or Lot 12, Conc. 6, Toronto Township, a total of 200 acres. However, he died intestate before the land claims were finalized and was survived by his wife Eliza, and two sons. Both Eliza and the eldest son, William, applied to gain title to the land. In 1846, William Justin won legal title to both lots and sold the W 1/2 Lot 13, Conc 6, to his brother, Martin, Jr., for £600 sterling. William Justin became the Magistrate of Streetsville and an upstanding member of the community." |
At the time the slides were taken (1978) the property was owned by Lisgar Twin Service and later(1990) by Entas Developments, who had made a proposal to develop the site for purposes of high-density office/commercial use. Edmunds' report recommended that the property be designated but it was demolished in 1997.