Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 755 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Bush’s Inn, Clarkson
Identifier: K286
Date of Original Photo: 1980
Date Built: 1830
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson (Mississauga)
Location: 822 Clarkson Road South

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 822 Clarkson Road South. Conc 3 SDS, pt. Lot 29. Built in the 1830s by Russell Bush on land bought from Amos Merigold. The inn served as a halfway house for people travelling by stagecoach between Lakeshore Road and Dundas Street. Once the railway took over from the stagecoach Bush, no longer able to maintain the inn, sold the property in 1855 to Captain Edward Sutherland. Sutherland converted some of the land to strawberry patches and this marked the start of the commercial strawberry operation in Clarkson. In 1910 the property was sold to a Mr. Westervelt. The Inn is now a family residence. Heritage listed.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851