|Description: 5440 Durie Road. Conc 4 WHS, Lot 3. The lot was originally purchased by Timothy Street in December 1822 from William Lindsay. By 1890 the old Pioneer Cemetery , or Scotch Burying Ground, on Queen Street was almost full. A public meeting was called for the purpose of arranging and securing another place for the burying of the dead of this village and vicinity. |
The newly formed Streetsville Cemetery Company wrote to the Village Council asking for approval to establish a cemetery on the east side of the Credit River on property formerly owned by George Doherty and his wife, Leonora Street who had inherited that part of Lot 3 from her father, Timothy. Part of the Doherty property which had been sold to John Graydon was sold to the Cemetery Company in 1891, and the cemetery was surveyed in 1892. In January 1974 the care of the cemetery was transferred from the Streetsville Cemetery Company to the City of Mississauga.