Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5176 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: St. Peterís Anglican Church, Erindale
Identifier: L984
Date of Original Photo: 1982
Date Built: 1887
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Mississauga
Location: 1745 Dundas Street West.

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1745 Dundas Street West. Range 1 CIR, NDS, pt. Lot 3. The second church on this site. The original church, built in 1827, was of white frame construction, 52 feet long and 52 feet wide. The parcel of land on which the church was built was purchased for ten shillings by Peter Adamson, Joseph Adamson, Alexander Proudfoot, William Thompson, Frederick Starr Jarvis and Henry Carpenter. The Rev. James Magrath, who had come from Ireland with his wife and family, was appointed the first Rector. In 1887 the first church was razed to make way for construction of the second church, of Credit Valley stone. In 1910, a tower and spire were added. Heritage listed.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851