Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1644 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Dorothy Livesay Beside the Pump at the Original Blue Dragon Inn
Identifier: BA0107
Date Built: 1913
Image Type: B&W Photo, 7.5x12 cm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson
Location: 992 Meadow Wood Road

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: The first Blue Dragon Inn, a stopover house between Toronto and Hamilton, was built in 1913 and operated by Mrs. Margaret Fairbairn and her daughters, Agnes and Grace. This building was burned in 1923. The child in the foreground is Dorothy Livesay, later a well-known Canadian poet.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850