Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1265 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Cooksville Brick and Tile Company
  View Full size image
Title: Cooksville Brick and Tile Company
Identifier: MC0283
Date Built: 1912
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x14 cm.
Subject: Brickworks - Ontario - Cooksville (Mississauga)
Location: 3065 Mavis Road, Lot 20, Conc 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: This is a photograph of promotional artwork created by G. C. Pearce for the Cooksville Brick and Tile Company. The Cooksville Brick and Tile Company went through several name changes. It was built in 1912 as National Brick Company, and then became Cooksville Shale and Brick Company in 1922. In 1924 it became the Cooksville Brick Company, then Cooksville Brick and Tile, and then Cooksville La Prairie Brick Company. In 1953 it was acquired by Domtar (Clay Division). The operation included its own rail system and trains to transport materials for making the bricks. This photo shows the train passing through the interior of the factory. At one time the Cooksville Brick Company was the largest manufacturer of bricks in Canada. It closed down in 1970. The original photograph is in the William Perkins Bull Collection at the Region of Peel Archives.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851