Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2066 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Gage House, Front Entrance, Mount Charles, Malton
  View Full size image
Title: Gage House, Front Entrance, Mount Charles, Malton
Identifier: PH1062
Date of Original Photo: 1976
Date Built: ca 1870
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x7.5 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Mississauga
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 6265 Second Line East, pt. Lot 11 W1/2, Conc 3 EHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 6265 Second Line East (now Tomken Road), in the former village of Palestine. Conc 3 pt. Lot 11 W Plan M927 Lot 2. Probably built in the 1870s by Albert Gage, the Gage house was a 1 storey T-shaped building with Italianate polychrome quoins (multi-colour brickwork) and Tuscan gables. Previously listed on the Heritage Register, it was demolished in 1981. This photo of the front entrance shows the front gable with vergeboard, as well as the ornate porch.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850