Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4724 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Russell Bush's Inn, Woodburn
Identifier: BA0126
Image Type: B&W Photo, 10x6 cm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Rear view of Woodburn, built in the 1830s by Russell Bush on land bought from Amos Merigold. The inn served as a halfway house for people travelling by stagecoach between Lakeshore Road and Dundas Street. Once the railway took over from the stagecoach Bush, no longer able to maintain the inn, sold the property in 1855 to Captain Edward Sutherland. Sutherland converted some of the land to strawberry patches and this marked the start of the commercial strawberry operation in Clarkson. In 1910 the property was sold to a Mr. Westervelt. The Inn is now a family residence. Heritage listed.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850