Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 4101 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Percy Hodgetts House, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Percy Hodgetts House, Clarkson
Identifier: BA0129
Date Built: 1913
Image Type: B&W Photo, 8x5.5 cm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson
Location: 838Clarkson Road South, Lot 29, Conc 3 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 838 Clarkson Road South. Conc 3 SDS, Lot 29. The house was built by Percy Warburton Hodgetts in 1910 on 20 acres of land, purchased by Hodgetts, Elderkin and Alexander Westervelt. The house, a Bungalow style residence with Tudor half timbering, was designed by Port Credit native, Dixie Cox Cotton. Hodgetts, one of the first Torontonians to set up house in Clarkson, was a graduate of the Ontario Agricultural College in Guelph with a Bachelor's degree in Science and Agriculture. He became the Secretary to the Ontario Fruit Growers' Association in 1904 and the head of the Fruit Branch in 1908. Hodgetts Creek, which ran through his property, is now known as Sheridan Creek. The Hodgetts House is listed on the Heritage Register.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850