Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 214 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Applewood United Church, Dixie
Identifier: C758
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1957
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Church buildings - Ontario - Dixie (Mississauga)
Location: 2067 Stanfield Road, Plan 439 Lot 32 To Lot 36

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 2067 Stanfield Road. Plan 439 Lot 32 To Lot 36. The original meeting of the Applewood congregation was held in 1953. James A. Murray, assistant professor at the Toronto School of Architecture, was commissioned to design the new church. Construction began in September 1955 and the church was completed in March 1957. In 2003 the congregations of Bethesda of Forest Glen and St. Luke's-on-the-Hill joined Applewood United. Description as of July 2011.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850