Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5129 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: St. Martha and Mary Roman Catholic Church, Dixie
Identifier: C882
Date of Original Photo: 1978
Date Built: 1969
Image Type: Slide
Subject: Church buildings - Ontario - Dixie (Mississauga)
Location: 1870 Burnhamthorpe Road East, pt. Lot 2, Conc 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1870 Burnhamthorpe Road East. Conc 1 NDS, pt. Lot 2. The parish was founded in 1967 and mass was originally celebrated in St. Alfred's School. The parish was called St. Alfred's but the name was changed in 1969 to Saints Martha and Mary. The building was completed in April 1969. As the needs of the parish outgrew the building it was demolished in 1983 and a new multi-functional building constructed, which included the Knights of Columbus Hall and the original chapel. This new building was completed in December 1984 and consecrated in May 1985. Description as of July 2018.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851