Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2372 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Harwood, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Harwood, Clarkson
Identifier: BA0206
Date Built: ca. 1837
Image Type: B&W Photo, 14x9 cm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson
Location: Lakeshore Road, west of Clarkson, Lot 34, Conc 3&4 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Colonel William Thompson, son of Cornelius Thompson, built Harwood around 1837, on Lot 34, Conc 3 & 4, SDS, on the Lakeshore Road, just west of Clarkson, at the end of a long lane. The property became part of the St. Lawrence Cement Company. Harwood was a 1 storey Ontario cottage. It was later purchased by the Wasson family and renamed Acacia Farm. The house was demolished in 1986.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850