Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 2371 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Harwood, Clarkson
  View Full size image
Title: Harwood, Clarkson
Identifier: BA0207
Date Built: ca. 1837
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12x6 cm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson
Location: Lakeshore Road, west of Clarkson, Lot 34, Conc 3&4 SDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Photo probably taken after the Thompsons owned the house. This house, built by Col. William Thompson around 1837, was located on St. Lawrence Cement Company land, on the Lakeshore Road, just west of Clarkson, at the end of a long lane. It was a 1 storey Ontario cottage. It was later purchased by the Wasson family and renamed Acacia Farm. The house was demolished in 1986.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8850