Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 5497 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Third No. 6 School
Identifier: BA0219
Date of Original Photo: 1911
Image Type: B&W Photo, 13.5x9 cm
Subject: Public schools - Ontario - Clarkson

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: This is probably the first school built in the township, and was located about 3 miles south of the little Red School House. It was later named No. 6 Toronto Township, and after that Clarkson School, or Clarkson School South. No. 6 has changed site and buildings often. According to Major Barnett, "The minute books and other papers re No. 6 were destroyed in a fire which burned the Oliphant's house on Lower Clarkson Road. Mr. T. Oliphant was at that time Chairman of Trustees."
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851