Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1194 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
null
  View Full size image
Title: Clarkson United Church
Identifier: BA0220
Image Type: B&W Photo, 13x8.5 cm
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Clarkson

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: Carman Methodist Church was the second Methodist church built in Clarkson, in 1875, on land donated by Margaret Vail Merigold, the wife of the late Daniel Merigold. It was located on Lakeshore Road at the corner of Clarkson Road South, and named for Bishop Albert Carman of the Methodist Episcopal Church of Canada. From 1918 to 1922 it was known as the Clarkson Community Church. In 1925 with the union of Congregational, Methodist and some Presbyterian churches to form the United Church of Canada, this church became the Clarkson United Church, until 1954 when it was decided to build a new church on Mazo Crescent, the present Christ Church United.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850