Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1725 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Eden United Church, Twin Spires, Meadowvale Village
  View Full size image
Title: Eden United Church, Twin Spires, Meadowvale Village
Identifier: PH1065
Date of Original Photo: 1976
Date Built: 1909
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x7.5 cm.
Subject: Church buildings - Ontario - Meadowvale (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 2835 Derry Road West, Lot 11 W1/2, Conc 6 WHS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 2835 Derry Road West. Conc 6 WHS, Lot 11 W. Eden Cemetery and Switzers Church were on part of the west half of Lot 10, Con 6 WHS. In 1840, John Switzer sold part of the land to five trustees of the Wesleyan Methodist Church for a chapel and burying ground. A frame church was opened on 13 December 1840 by Rev. Egerton Ryerson. The church was dismantled in 1869, after the opening of the new church, called Eden, on the opposite side of the road. Eden Church burned on December 20, 1908, was rebuilt in 1909 and re-opened in 1910. Previously listed on the Heritage Register, the church was demolished in 1980. This photograph shows the front of the church with twin spires, rose window and medallion.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp01:8851