Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 121 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Albertson Double House, Front Door, Erindale
  View Full size image
Title: Albertson Double House, Front Door, Erindale
Identifier: PH1161
Date of Original Photo: 1976
Date Built: Between 1846 and 1851
Image Type: B&W Photo, 11.5x7.5 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Erindale (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 2095 Burnhamthorpe Road West, pt. Lot 5 S1/2, Conc 2 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 2095 Burnhamthorpe Road West, Conc 2 NDS, pt. Lot 5 S1/2. The house was built by Loyalist William Albertson between 1846 and 1851. According to the Historical Atlas of Halton County, William Albertson was born in New Jersey in 1793. He came to Canada with his parents in 1800 and settled in the Township of Proudfoot in the District of Parry Sound. He came to Trafalgar Township in 1811 and settled there. He fought in the War of 1812 and on the government side in the 1837 Rebellion, and is listed in Men of Upper Canada as serving in the 2nd Regiment Gore Militia. He is buried in Cosmopolitan Cemetery, Erindale. The Albertson house was a one and a half storey structure with two distinct dwellings and was listed on the Heritage Register, until 1982 when it was burned and then demolished. This 1976 photo is of the front entrance.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8851