Browse & Search All Images
IMAGE DETAILS
 
Displaying image 1361 of 1: Back to Thumbnail Images < Previous  |  Next >
   
Copeland House, Garage, Dixie
  View Full size image
Title: Copeland House, Garage, Dixie
Identifier: PH1170
Date of Original Photo: 1989
Date Built: 1828
Image Type: B&W Photo, 12.5x9 cm.
Subject: Historic buildings - Ontario - Dixie (Mississauga)
Donor: Planning & Heritage, Community Services
Location: 1050 Burnhamthorpe Road East, pt. Lot 8, Conc 1 NDS

Conditions of Use:
See Terms of Use & Privacy Statement.
Description: 1050 Burnhamthorpe Road East. Conc 1 NDS, pt. Lot 8. The land on which the house sits was purchased by Thomas Copeland from Phillip Cody in 1808. The house itself was built about 1837 by Thomas Poole, a master mason, who married Mary Copeland, daughter of Robert Copeland and granddaughter of Thomas. One of the earliest houses in Mississauga, it is a two-storey stone house, built in a rectangular plan with a gabled roof. It is designated under the terms of the Ontario Heritage Act. This 1989 photo shows the garage.
Agency: Mississauga Library System
pcomapp02:8850